Sunday, August 28, 2011

Top 10 Blog Posts for the Week of August 21, 2011

In case you missed it, here is the past week's "Weekly Check-Up" from my YouTube channel.



Now, for last week's Top 10 articles on the web:

1. Chris Brogan, "Take Back Your Strings"

2. Aaron Biebert, "Leadership: Here There Be Dragons"

3. Molly Cantrell-Kraig, "How to Take a Punch"

4. Marcus Sheridan, "Social Media, Trade Secrets, and Why You Shouldn't Give a Rip about the Competition"

5. Robert Terson, "What Happens After the Prospect Says, 'No'"

6. Steve Woodruff, "12 Most Significant Ways to Build a Deep Network"

7. Scott Ginsberg, "Whose Path Are You Holding a Torch To?"

8. Don Perkins, "The Cold Calling Debate Rages On - Is Cold Calling Dead?"

9. Gini Dietrich, "The Secret Sauce of Online Community Building"

10. Kelley Robertson, "Three Questions That Will Change Your Sales Results Forever"


6 comments:

  1. Hey Doug! Thanks for including me on your list. That is quite the honor to be included with these great ones. Looking forward to reading/watching each week.

    Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - Thanks for throwing Steve Woodruff's 12 Most on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, Dan! I try to be objective in choosing my weekly top 10s (though I'd be lying if I said I didn't have favorites). I'm always looking for the most insightful and inspirational content, and 12 Most has proved to be a goldmine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaron, I'm sure those in this list would also be honored to be on a list with you. I just discovered you a couple weeks ago and love 8pm Warrior! And thanks for the follow on YouTube. Just started the channel and could used all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doug, really appreciate the mention here bud. Loved Brogan's article too. It was as powerful as they come. Cheers!

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment Marcus! Even as a sales rep, I have a difficult time with the idea of competition. I am concerned with the value that I can create for my customer, regardless of what my "competitors" are doing. The question I have to ask myself is, "If I had no competition, would I make what I'm offering any less valuable for my customers?" The answer is, "No!" I want to be the best I can be for my customers, regardless of what their alternatives are. Too many business professionals focus so much on beating the other guy that they forget who the're serving. Loved the post. Keep the awesome stuff coming!

    ReplyDelete